The Field Service Agent's responsibility at Region 5 ESC is to assist in the development and implementation of an effective communication network between local school districts, the ESC, and the Texas Education Agency.
Region 5 ESC offers a Field Service Cooperative to assist each participating district in improving student outcomes through being kept abreast of legislative mandates, State Board of Education Rules and Regulations, TEA requirements, and trends in education.
The Coop also offers a variety of services to meet local district needs in the area of mandated and elective school board member training. Districts may select one or more of these areas to satisfy their unique requirements.
SBMT Credit: Region 5 ESC is a state-approved provider and will issue credit for programs facilitated through the service center, including:
• On site visits for networking with all superintendents
• Consultation on the request for waivers
• Assistance in the formation of countywide meetings for superintendents
• Liaison between school districts, Region 5 ESC and TEA
• Timelines of critical reports
• Identification and coordination of regional resources
• Focused administrative staff development
• Assist with strategic planning and quality control
• Alternative Education Program Support Services
• Specific programs presented at local school sites upon request of cooperative members
• Specific programs presented at selected sites to meet requirements for all school board members
• Specific programs presented at selected sites to meet continuing educational needs
Board Training Coop Offerings
Region Field Services
Region 5 ESC has added even more individual school board trainings this year, along with the addition of several new services for your administrative teams, faculty and staff.
The board trainings available are:
We also offer the following services:
The cost of the Field Services/School Board Training Coop is $2,500.00 per district. As a member of the Field Services Coop, districts may receive as many of these trainings as they wish. The only additional cost is mileage over 200 miles. For example, a round trip of 600 miles would be charged the current state mileage rate for a 400 mile trip. (Superintendent Search Service and Myers-Briggs are the only exception). With the rising cost of board and staff travel, this gives your district the opportunity to offer much more training at home, in your own district, increasing both convenience and efficiency.
If a district is not a member of the Field Service/School Board Training Co-op then training is available for $1,000 per training session.
The goal of Region 5 ESC and the Field Services/School Board Training Coop is to give our districts the utmost value for their dollar. We have an extensive list of references available at your request, and we remain committed to increasing your efficiency and effectiveness. Working with your Board and staff is our first priority.
Byron Terrier, Ed. D.
Deputy Executive Director
Field Service Agent