Field Services/Board Training
The Field Service Agent's responsibility at Region 5 ESC is to assist in the development and implementation of an effective communication network between local school districts, the ESC, and the Texas Education Agency.
Region 5 ESC offers a Field Service Cooperative to assist each participating district in improving student outcomes through being kept abreast of legislative mandates, State Board of Education Rules and Regulations, TEA requirements, and trends in education.
The Coop also offers a variety of services to meet local district needs in the area of mandated and elective school board member training. Districts may select one or more of these areas to satisfy their unique requirements.
SBMT Credit: Region 5 ESC is a state-approved provider and will issue credit for programs facilitated through the service center, including:
• On site visits for networking with all superintendents
• Consultation on the request for waivers
• Assistance in the formation of countywide meetings for superintendents
• Liaison between school districts, Region 5 ESC and TEA
• Timelines of critical reports
• Identification and coordination of regional resources
• Focused administrative staff development
• Assist with strategic planning and quality control
• Alternative Education Program Support Services
• Specific programs presented at local school sites upon request of cooperative members
• Specific programs presented at selected sites to meet requirements for all school board members
• Specific programs presented at selected sites to meet continuing educational needs
Region 5 ESC will devote its operation to the purpose of helping each school educate its students so as to assure their success in our society.
Per HB 462, resources and services provided by Region 5 ESC are aligned with, and designed to support, the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills(TEKS) adopted by the State Board of Education.
Region 5 ESC Vision:
The vision of ESC 5 is to be the provider of choice for education services and solutions.
Region 5 ESC Mission:
The mission of ESC 5 is to assist schools through various initiatives in meeting the needs of students through efficient and economical means.
350 Pine Street
Beaumont, TX 77701
Phone: (409) 951-1700
Fax: (409) 951-1800
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM