Educator Certification Program
REGION 5 EDUCATION CERTIFICATION PROGRAM TECHNOLOGY MISSION
Region 5 Education Certification Program incorporates technology in all instructional and administrative courses offered throughout its programs. The technology curriculum is aligned with the Long-Range Plan for Technology 2006-2020 to ensure the effective use of technology and full integration of technology across all subject areas and all grade levels.
• graduate from an educator preparation program that models current technology in instructional and administrative practices PreK-12.
• exit educator preparation programs knowing how to use technology effectively in the teaching and learning process.
• develop new learning environments that utilize technology as a flexible tool where learning is collaborative, interactive and customized.
• ensure integration of appropriate technology throughout all of curriculum and instruction.
• develop, implement, budget for and monitor a dynamic technology plan to meet the needs of a changing workforce and economy.
• create innovative, flexible and responsive environments to maximize teaching and learning and community involvement.
• Offer expanded curricular and instructional opportunities to students via online, digital technology, and a variety of distance learning technologies
• provide opportunities for sustained, relevant and timely staff development in a variety of formats.
• expect and plan appropriate technology use throughout the teaching and learning process as well as throughout administration.
• Use data effectively and appropriately in decision making.
Our certification candidates receive practicum utilizing various web and Google Suite applications that integrate with the Universal Design for Learning framework.
Additionally, candidates complete case studies on the process of Data-driven instruction. Included are:
Region 5 ESC will devote its operation to the purpose of helping each school educate its students so as to assure their success in our society.
Per HB 462, resources and services provided by Region 5 ESC are aligned with, and designed to support, the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills(TEKS) adopted by the State Board of Education.
Region 5 ESC Vision:
The vision of ESC 5 is to be the provider of choice for education services and solutions.
Region 5 ESC Mission:
The mission of ESC 5 is to assist schools through various initiatives in meeting the needs of students through efficient and economical means.
350 Pine Street
Beaumont, TX 77701
Phone: (409) 951-1700
Fax: (409) 951-1800
powered by ezTaskTitanium TM